There are many reasons for one to avoid wheat. Though not mandatory for everyone, most would likely find substantial benefits in the short and long term.
- Wheat is very nutrient-poor compared with fruits and especially vegetables.
- Wheat is very low in health-promoting phytonutrients when compared to fruits and vegetables.
- Celiac disease is common, 1 in 141 people in the USA (Am J Gastroenterol. 2012 Oct).
- Wheat allergy is common, with symptoms such as acne, skin rashes, migraine headaches.
- Gluten, a protein found within wheat, can induce ...