Over the years hypnosis has had something of a bad rap in many circles. Many people don’t understand how hypnosis works, and as a result they fear it. And of course, the images of those crazy shows where people get “hypnotized” to cluck like chickens just don’t help! In reality, hypnosis is nothing like that and an authentic hypnotherapist would no more jump off a cliff than practice that type of idiocy. With the growing awareness of alternative therapies, ...Continue Reading → Share
There are many reasons for one to avoid wheat. Though not mandatory for everyone, most would likely find substantial benefits in the short and long term.
- Wheat is very nutrient-poor compared with fruits and especially vegetables.
- Wheat is very low in health-promoting phytonutrients when compared to fruits and vegetables.
- Celiac disease is common, 1 in 141 people in the USA (Am J Gastroenterol. 2012 Oct).
- Wheat allergy is common, with symptoms such as acne, skin rashes, migraine headaches.
- Gluten, a protein found within wheat, can induce ...
Continue Reading → Share
“The results of the current study demonstrated that vitamin D supplementation improved muscular power in healthy overweight and obese individuals within four weeks and that elevated vitamin D status was associated with greater losses in waist circumference, with no additional benefits in lean mass accumulation, muscular strength, or glucose tolerance during participation in a 12-week resistance exercise training program.
The current results support previous findings that indicate a relationship between vitamin D status and waist circumference rather than fat mass. The ...